Choose the right toaster for yourself
With our lives so busy and stressful, it is necessary to treat ourselves now and then, and for that, all you need are some well-cooked sandwiches to kick start your mornings. Eating healthy is not as time-consuming as you think. You may be thinking right now that is it worth spending tons of dollars on toasters? To clear your confusion, we are here to help you out. Once you learn how to use this machine, you can avail full advantage of it and make your life easier.
Things to consider when buying toasters
Before clicking on that “add to cart” button, it is better to consider some basic essential things to maximize output. These things as follows:
Consider color and texture
If you are going to store your toaster in the cupboard when it is not in use then it completely okay. But if you are going to place it on the counter, you should consider the color, design, and texture of the machine before buying to maintain the aesthetics of your kitchen. Consider buying a toaster that matches your kitchen and looks classy.
Depict shade range provision
Toasters that have a small shade range make it really difficult for you to achieve your desired toasting shade. I am sure you don’t want to waste money on this. If you are someone, who is picky about the shade of the toast, consider buying toasters that exhibit wide shade ranges. It will give you your desired taste and the perfect amount of toast shade that prefer for your bread.
If you are a beginner, and really need to get guidelines on how to use toasters correctly, I would suggest you buy the one that has an LCD display on it. This way you can cook easily without burning your bread. Moreover, the LCD screen will display the temperature settings and toasting time effectively.
Is it easy to clean?
Ladies and gents, I am sure you don’t want to continue toasting in the same toaster that has bread crumbs or other leftover materials lying on it. Before buying any toaster, make sure that it is easy to open up and clean. So that when you will sanitize it, it will be easier for you to assemble all the pieces again for future use. This way you can maintain your hygiene easily and efficiently.
Have a look at the features that it offers
Fellas, it doesn’t matter if you are buying a 2 slice toaster or a 4 one. It is important to have a look at all the features that are built-in the toaster. For example, some toasters come up with defrost option meaning that they can quickly defrost a frozen slice of bread into a perfect toast ready for feasting. Some toasters are built to especially toast only one side of the bread whereas some other toast on both sides. Before purchasing, consider your needs and then invest in the one that perfectly suits your needs.
Advantages of using toasters
Toasters have been a staple in our kitchen for more than a hundred thousand years, and their importance is the same as the first day mainly due to the numerous advantages that it offers and the continuous efforts that it takes to make lives easier especially for the people belonging to working class.
- They are super easy to use. This is something that I consider when buying any product for my kitchen. The ease of just putting a slice in the toaster oven and having the breakfast ready in less than 5 minutes soothes my mornings and helps me to get ready for my office gracefully.
- Takes up very little space in the kitchen. Compact toasters are specially designed for this purpose. Having a toaster will not only make it easy for you to cook but also make room for the other utensils.
IKICH Toaster 4 Slice
- The built-in warming rack provides the ultimate convenience to its users.
- You can select the level of your preferable doneness with 6 variable browning control functions.
- It has an extra-long capacity to accommodate as much as 4 slices at a time. Makes it a good purchase for families.
- You can keep your kitchen worktops neat and clean with this one because the excess cord can be tidied away easily without any difficulty
- Toaster ovens are economical and require low electricity usage. They can reduce the money and electricity bills to a price that is as half as conventional ovens. All of us want to get the best food without increasing electricity and other utility bills, right? This is the solution to all your problems.
- The best part about having a toaster is the versatility that it offers. I use my toaster for a wide range of functions including cooking and warming up my food, robust cooking abilities for handling a variety of dishes, and much more. This makes my day-to-day meal preparation much easy and yummier. Above all most of the toasters have a wide range of temperatures to prevent food from being scorched.
Oster 2 Slice, Bread, Bagel Toaster
• Comes in 7 shade technology to help you make get the perfect toasted bread of your choice.
• Dual auto-adjusting helps you to provide even heat to your toast.
• User-friendly and reasonable rate.
• Extra-wide to accommodate foods and loaves of bread of all shapes and sizes.
- Along with saving time and money, my toaster oven keeps the environment of my kitchen pleasant and full of hygiene. Do you want to know the secret behind it?. Basically, these toaster ovens being the small appliances do not overheat the kitchen and helps to keep it cool by maintaining the energy levels.
- Another important function of the toaster is that it helps you to control settings and pre-determine how much bread you want to be roasted. For the people who prefer roasted slices of bread, this is an ideal investment.
Comparison between expensive and cheap toasters
“Should I invest in an expensive toaster or a cheaper one?” I know this question might be circulating in your mind for quite a while now. To clear out this query from your life once and for all, I have prepared a comprehensive guide for you. Before proceeding further ask yourself this question: “What do I need a toaster for?” To cook, warm up the food, or to get a toast of bread, right?
To your surprise, both the high-end and local brands offer the same range of functions 99% of the time. To simplify this concept, let me tell you that you can make toasts, pop-tarts, waffles, crispbread, wheat toasts, and French roasts with a $20 to $50 machine easily, and guess what? You can make the exact same things with a $500 toasting machine as well. Shocked enough? Well, this is the truth and in my opinion, I don’t think you should go around spending hundreds of dollars on a piece of machinery only to carry out basic functions. The idea of spending more than what you have to obtain a toaster seems ridiculous. After all, we discussed the economical and affordable range being the major quality of any toaster and I hope you don’t want to miss out on that.
Amazon Basics 2 Slice, Extra-Wide Slot Toaster
- Adjustable shade settings allow the individuals to make toasts of their preference (lighter or darker) with a simple shade dial easily and enjoy it later.
- Composed of removable crumb tray for thorough cleaning and sanitization of the toast.
- Easy to use by the customers and doesn’t involve complex functions.
- Wide range of features at affordable rates.
Toaster 2 Slice Best Rated Prime, Stainless Steel, Bagel Toaster
- Easy to use and stylish design for keeping the aesthetic of your kitchen in check.
- This compact toaster occupies very little space and makes it possible for you to place more things on the kitchen counter.
- Multiple functions for speeding up the meal process.
- Brings you visual mystery with its unique patterns and stainless steel appearance. The stainless steel makes it a perfect choice for long-term use.
BLACK+DECKER 2-Slice Extra-Wide Slot Toaster
- You can keep the counter clean and your kitchen smelling fresh with a drop-down crumb tray of this toaster.
- Prices are relatively high and the quality speaks for itself.
- The extra-wide toasting slots accommodate the bagels and the other thick cuts of bread to quickly make up your breakfast.
- A wide display of shade range to let everyone choose the toast of their preference.
After all these advantages you should really consider buying one for yourself if you still haven’t.
The toasters mentioned above are a mix and match of both cheap and expensive price range.
- All of them offer the same functions and I think you should go for those which are easy on the pocket. Slight differences do exist. These are usually the warranty time and other additional features but I don’t think that is a major problem. As long as your toast is in a single hand, consider it to be in safe hands. After looking inside the majority of the toasters, you will see some configuration so why spend so much money on such a mere thing?
- If all the toast is the same to you, none of the premium and high-end brands can change your mind. Although they do ensure warrant considerations if you are particular about the taste and darkness of your toast or just need an upgrade to an already existing one. To summarize it all, check in your budget and then invest in the product that best suits your needs as well as falls within your affordable budget range. For example, both the Amazon Basics 2 Slice, Extra-Wide Slot Toaster and Toaster 2 Slice Best Rated Prime, Stainless Steel, Bagel Toaster provides almost the same range of functions but there is quite a difference between the price of both the toasters.
- To be on the safe side, let us ensure you that the majority of the toasters offer the same functions, have the same interior, and are a build-up of the same exterior materials. You can get the classic design at $100 toaster but it is not only the looks that you are paying for. The basic necessity is to have a toaster and you can make your life easier and convenient by investing in any local band toaster too. It won’t make much difference. The main aim of both high-end and local brands to ease your tasks and assist you in household chores. Black+Decker is a high-end premium brand but works fine just like the Oster toaster which is much cheaper and easily available. You now know which way to go.
Luxuries bring immense pleasure and ease but they come with little tokens of responsibilities too. Although toasters are a basic need and super easy to handle, still we have compiled some safety tips in your best interest. They are:
- Always choose a certified and licensed product. I cannot emphasize enough on this enough. NSF-certified toasters issue guaranteed safety to protect you from any hazard.
- Never even clean your toaster when it is hot. Always wait for it to cool down. Cleaning it while it is still warm may result burn on your skin and fingertips and we don’t want that at all.
- Many households don’t observe this golden rule to unplug the machinery when it is not in use. This can result in electrocution. I am sure you don’t want to be one of that household. Always switch off and unplug the toaster when it is not in use.
- Clean and inspect your oven regularly. This will improve your hygiene and also reduce the chance of catching fire since the build-up of food and grease particles play a major role in igniting a fire.
- Always choose a strategic location for your oven. If you have children in your home, put the oven in a place that is out of reach from the children.
With that being said, you are ready to roll your bread in the toaster and make the most out of your snacks.
The debate between expensive and cheap toasters leads us to discuss every detail about toasters. Your toaster should be worth the money that you spend. Most of the high-end brands offer stylish designs and bagel functions but you’re not earning money only to spend it up on the looks, right? The basic functions of all the toasters are almost the same and it is useless to spend thousands of dollars on a product that you might get within the range of $20 to $60 easily.
Obviously pricier toasters tend to offer more functions as compared to standard supermarket ones such as light controls and a special setting for crumpets but it is not necessary that being paid high enough will guarantee you a golden toast. Just saying!
At the end of the day, it’s all your choice and your money and you know better where and how to spend it. I believe we all are mature enough to make the right decisions for us keeping in mind the budget and functions.
Frequently asked questions
Is it important to have a bagel setting?
It is not necessary to have a bagel setting but it is very much appreciated. This particular setting allows you to turn the heat own on one side of the bagel to give it a more traditional doughy edge and roasted center. All the toasters have this setting built-in them.
What are the standard toaster features that one should look for before purchasing?
Start-stop button, defrost quality, removable crumb tray, and reheating abilities should come off as standard qualities in every toaster. These are features that play major roles in daily activities and will assist you in household chores. If you find a toaster equipped with these features, go for it without giving a second thought.
Why is it important to have a removable crumb tray?
Having a removable crumb tray is extremely important. Mostly because all the bread crumbs accumulate over there and you can easily remove them by pulling out the tray. Apart from that, the removable feature of this tray allows you to easily clean and sanitize your toasterfor better hygiene and safety.
 Woodard, Janice E., and Fern E. Hunt. “Use of four potentially energy‐saving electric cooking appliances in households.” Home economics research journal 13.1 (1984): 80-88.
 Lenker, James A., et al. “Universal design as a conceptual framework for describing usability of products and environments: an applied example using the kitchen environment.” Journal of Design Research 14.3 (2016): 219-240.
 Wogalter, Michael S., et al. “Consumer product warnings: The role of hazard perception.” Journal of Safety Research 22.2 (1991): 71-82.
 Hertzler, Ann A., and Karen DeBord. “Hurts and Hazards Kids, Kitchen Accidents, and Safety.” 348-655 (1993).